Monday, 11 February 2013

Visibly small-collared

hiya
Monday again, today my outfit thought process was 'Mr Darcy does biker trousers'. Long white shirt aka just-about-to-take-a-dip-in-the-lake-Mr Darcy, and trousers with great seams, as below (colours a bit washed out)



I love this shirt. It was a birthday present a few years ago. Hand-embroidered in India by a cooperative of women paid a decent wage, it has a great embroidered front placket thing and buttons up to a cute little collar, with great long shirt tails a la Darcy.

my glasses love the flash

Hand embroidered shirt - Toast
cardi - Jigsaw
trousers - Jigsaw
boots - Camper
Am quite muted in colours today, but still Visible, so please pop over to Patti's at Visible Monday where I am joining the blogroll of Monday celebrants...

Hope you all are having a good start to the week.

14 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful shirt and love the seaming on the trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just *knew* you would like the trousers! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful shirt! Hand embroidered? Wow. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, did you have to reference the dripping-wet Mr Darcy scene?? I am having warm flashes and not just from my tea. Love this blouse and your chic neutral look! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti - I may need to start linking to the YouTube shots of The Lake Swim...

      Delete
  4. I must be the only woman in the WORLD to dislike the Mr Darcy dripping wet scene! It's the pedantic English Lit graduate in me, I feel myself bridling and saying "it's not in the book, that would NEVER have happened!" Pathetic, I know - get over it!
    So never mind Fitzwilliam - let's talk about you, looking like a cute Principal Boy in your fabulous long shirt and cool jeans. How lovely to know that your shirt was made with skill by women getting a decent wage, and not by some poor children slaving in a sweatshop to provide cheap clothes for rich nations.
    Ooh, I'm on one tonight, think I'd better go to bed and chill out! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's naughty and Not In The Book. I get equally annoyed when film makers take liberties with Jane Eyre..

      I am very happy to look like an (ethical) Principal Boy xxx

      Delete
    2. Jane Eyre is always so much more gorgeous in film than I ever imagined her from the book, which I started reading over and over when I was about 9 :o But I don't mind a few liberties with Darcy 'cause we get to spend more time with him. My fave Darcy is Matthew Macfadyen, which is probably why I'm enjoying the BBC series Ripper Street so much :P I don't think that scene where he strides across the moors in P&P lasted nearly long enough :P

      Delete
  5. Pretty understated but well-spoken, this minimal outfit. Like it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I love that description..

      Delete
  6. Love this look! And a great inspiration too. <3 Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poof, he is rather lovely in his shirt...

      Delete
  7. Heh, we didn't get enough of Mr. Darcy in the book, so any elaborations on a theme are a-okay with me. You look great in glasses, and I know Mr. Darcy would love you in the shirt. Just the shirt :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!