Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Mr Darcy and minerals


I woke up this morning with no Outfit Planned. Ye gods. This is what I threw on, and I'm happy with it - a mix of blues and brown. After talk of Mr Darcy in the last post, I had to watch some of the BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice on my Ipod on the train to work today. It didn't disappoint....


Taken after a long day :-)

silk scarf - Richard Weston
teal vest top - Toast
long cardi - Jigsaw
tulip skirt - Hobbs
woolly tights - M&S
boots - Camper
(plus merino leggings and silk vest, it's stil freeeezing)
Close up to show the lovely Richard Weston scarf of close-up mineral deposits, as purchased in Liberty (London) - see post here.

Hope you are all having a good mid-week... and feeling suitably romantic! Think I need to go watch some more Pride & Prejudice...

13 comments:

  1. OMG, I love any version of Pride and Prejudice, and have watched the BBC version, um, more than once.

    You look beautiful. You have the best cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the BBC version for full-on, drawn-out Austen goodness, but am happy to watch the M. McFadyn (spelling) as a quick-romp Austen boost!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is a great look on you. Especially for having been thrown together. I love these drape-y, gorgeous layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous scarf. We've been doing a lot of microscope work in Bio class and some of the stuff we've looked at would make excellent fabric prints, lol!

    I adore all versions of Pride and Prejudice, though I can't unsee Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen Pride and Prejudice! I think I need to!

    Lovely soft look, SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need to! Bear in mind that the Matthew M one has an alternative US audience ending! Very devious...

      Delete
  5. A great look, especially for something thrown together. You have outstanding style skills in the morning, I'd end up with jeans and a polo neck on in the same situation ;)

    I love P&P! have you managed to track down the BBC adaptation of Great Expectations I mentioned? It was on sometime last year. Let me know what you think of Miss Havisham...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have bookmarked it on Amazon - Miss H looks intriguing! I think H Bonham-Carter nailed that part in the recent cinema adaption...

      Delete
  6. You have so many lovely soft pieces in great colours that just naturally go together - it's your look, I call it Effortless Casual Chic! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are very nice to me. I do have a 'thing' about only wearing soft fabrics, I think the official term is 'special flower-ness'!

      Delete
  7. You always look so well put together! I don't think I've seen you post a "miss" yet. Love the boots.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!