Monday, 7 January 2013

Visible Monday: red courage



I declare this week No-Trouser Week! Inspired by the lovely Curtise's encouragement to wear more skirts and dresses (aka get your legs out lady) I am going wear only dresses and skirts this week. I do have one or two favoured skirts but it was all getting a bit Tintin (trousers and sweater, sadly no cute little white dog) in the run up to Christmas.

I even have a button designed for this -

No trousers allowed


So here I am ...


...twirl!

I have only worn this skirt twice since buying it in the summer, once here & one pre-blog. Tut. It's just so RED. Must break out of dark colour safety net.

I was very tempted to break out red heels too, but it was my first day back at work so I thought - don't push it, now. It was enough just to get up on time :-) Although it was too cold for shoes really. Boots tomorrow.

scarf - vintage
wrap cardi - jigsaw
navy tshirt - Reiss
bow belt (shiny grey, just seen) - Hobbs (sale)
skirt of floof - Jaeger
tights - M&S
tippy tappy shoes - Camper

Floof! Linking up to Patti at the excellent Visible Monday, as I am certainly visible today.

Am off to have some tea (aka dinner) now. Had some unexpected trouble getting into the kitchen earlier - the door jammed! Luckily it came open after much jimmying and swearing. Handle now completely removed and tea cooking. Phew. Am happy we were trapped on the side with the toolbox...

It'll be Quorn sausages with veg mash for my tea, how about you? (I love hearing what people have for dinner, is that strange?)

21 comments:

  1. Oh God, I feel like I have been a horrible bully now!
    But you look gorgeous - in the skirt, and in red! So despite feeling guilty, I also feel a bit smug, haha! I love the pleated twirliness, I love the bright colour, I love the scarf, the belted cardi and the cute shoes. And your smile! Boots or red shoes would also look fab.
    Thank goodness you got into the kitchen, that could have been a disaster. We had breaded fish, sauté potatoes, carrots and peas for tea. Easy but lovely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no, gorgeous bully :-)

      It would have had to have been takeaway if we couldn't get in...

      Delete
  2. Ooh what a lovely skirt! I need to get back into skirts and dresses, especially since this week will be warmer here than it's been in quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy for you to swipe my (handrawn!) button!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful skirt. And perfect styling; I love the scarf with this. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, floofy skirt! Glad you were able to bust into the kitchen : > Otherwise, it's to the restaurant, and that would be terrible : > Thanks for sharing your fab look with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, thanks for having me :-)

      Delete
  5. we've been having a bit of rainy weather the past couple of weeks, and denim/pants and a sweater is just so much easier not to mention comfy! soon i will break out my skirts!

    [oomph.]


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it, then you definitely can, oomph! Thanks for visiting me :-)

      Delete
  6. Ooooh! I love it. You should be pulling that skirt every week! It's a fantastic piece. It looks great on you. I had general tso's chicken (and some of my brother's orange chicken), a bite of spider-roll sushi, and a shot of American honey wild turkey whiskey. I enjoy hearing what other people have too because it can be inspiring for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. I forced myself to be brave and embrace the bright. Your meal sounds interesting, can I come round for tea please?

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. ;) We always eat well at my house!

      Delete
  7. This is a styling coup, young lady. Big, comfy sweaters so easily overwhelm petite flowers like you. You tamed is with a belt, finished with scarf, contrasted with the skirt, and reiterated with tights. What adorable gillies, and just right! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan! (blushing). You are right, I do get swamped by too much drape...

      Delete
  8. Ooooh, chiffon pleats. Ooooohhhh. I thrifted a red pleated skirt from GoodWill last month. You inspire me to actually wear it.

    We are so tired from the hospital that we had a vegetable mix and chicken and pasta in mushroom sauce from Trader Joe's. What's veg mash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my lovely. You must wear your red skirt now! Gracey had a pleated skirt on yesterday too, it'll be like a blog rash!

      My mash was carrot and parsnip with moroccan spices, yum. Bit tastier than potato.

      Delete
  9. That is a most magnificent skirt of floof! I love it! Heh, I participate in "No trousers" 99% of the time - I rarely wear them, and don't have any in January's capsule wardrobe!

    For dinner we are having chicken stir-fry with baby corn, celery, mushrooms, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, onion and carrots, with a spicy black bean sauce, over brown rice. Nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goshyour dinner sounds good. I am going to ask ths question more often!

      Delete
  10. Hello Secret Squirrel, Bravo to you for breaking out the skirts, especially at this time of year. I have to admit that I gravitate towards trousers and jeans during these darker months. We don't have a door to our kitchen, but if we did I would probably remove it after hearing of your dilemma. I could not take the risk that I might be locked out. Locked in, I could probably handle. For dinner we had homous with pitas, spanakopitas and yummy Greek Salad. I was tempted to fib and tell you what I had last night, because it was healthier.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rrrrravishing red!!! And I love your NO PANTS button. My dinner? Salad nicoise with a croissant, not the usual but very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!