Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Dentist

 No Trousers Week continues...

Dress - Hobbs
cardi - Jigsaw
boots - Camper
This dress has a kind of cowl neck that doesn't sit well with fitted round-neck cardigans , but my flowy-flowy cardigans work just fine. And great deep pockets. While this type of dress to me is super-smart, but was from Hobbs' 'casual range'. Oh, ok.

Including favourite coral necklace,
which I bargained for from an antiques market in Florence :-)
It's cold in the office, so I wore a light scarf (actually my wedding shawl, but I like it so much, I thought I'd wear it. Otherwise it is just sitting in a drawer.


hands in pockets is the best
Today I pattern-mixed plaid & stripes

striped top - Jigsaw
plaid shawl - Muji
blue tulip skirt - NW3 Hobbs
scarf - bought from random shop in London when very cold
boots - Camper

Asymmetric goodness.

berry scarf, stripes & boots
I had to go to the dentist today for a check up. My teeth are in good shape but I really don't like going, even though my dentist is a very nice man. However, when given lemons, make lemonade - so I met Mr SS at a nearby bar / restaurant after my teeth-clean for some wine & pizza. Very good.

Also very good is Curtise turning this challenge on its head and today wearing ... trousers!

Hope you are all keeping well.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you, you are sticking to your challenge, and looking fabulous doing it! You do dresses and skirts in the same way you do jeans/trousers - with effortless ease, your favourite palette, interesting shapes and scarves, both outfits are great.The pocket-y Hobbs dress looks very versatile and really suits you.
    I think you are winning - I still struggle with trousers and have all but given up on anything that isn't a crazy palazzo style. Jeans and me are just not meant to be!
    Thanks for the link! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curtise - I have struggled with the pockety dress with not being able to find cardis to fit around the neck, and also ones that don't hide the shape. Glad I persevered now :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the graphic! No trousers! Free legs!!

    Love your sweater dress in the top photo with the cowl neck! And the pretty orange scarf! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that just-cleaned-teeth sleekness tho' :P

    Both outfits are beautiful, but I really want that dress from Hobbs. Pockets! I don't think we have Hobbs in the ol' USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey dress really does look sharp. I love the neckline on it. But what really wows me is the shawl! I love the versatility of it. I wonder if it could be finagled into a layered skirt.

    I've loved your trouser-free outfits. I need to convince myself back into regular clothes. My new tattoos are still sore.. boo for fitted clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I will try layering the shawl as a skirt - i have a dress I could try this with - to avoid unseemly flashing!

      Delete
  5. Ah, I love that shawl in the second outfit, so cool. The first dress is awesome - the rolled neckline is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shawl is super cute, love the dash of color you've added underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super blog !
    Jette un coup d'oeil a mon blog, il est nouveau, besoin d'avis
    A bientot :)
    http://roki-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with that first look. Lovely and comfy-double win!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.