Thursday, 13 December 2012

[shrug]

shrug - Harvey Nichols on deep sale (2 x Christmases ago)
striped top - Jigsaw
scarf - House of Fraser
skinny jeans - Topshop
purple boots - Camper 
I am smiling, but please note the elevated right heel. A few minutes before this was taken, I stood (in stockinged feet) on an upturned renegade plug. Ouchie.  Better now, and that's a good thing as I have my work Christmas party tomorrow and I need to bust out some moves on the dancefloor...

Will get a pic taken tomorrow at the party. I always yo-yo between sparkle and being warm for the Christmas parties. Like wedding guest outfits (which I made real progress on this year, thanks to helpful input from you all), I don't do party outfits brilliantly well. Unlike Sheila, aka Party Animal. I have at least stopped nipping off to Topshop at lunchtime on the day for an Emergency Outfit. It's rarely going to work under emergency conditions...

Are you going to many parties this season? If so, do you break out the glitz?

10 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds painful! I'm glad it isn't too bad! I love a good shrug, it adds a nice layer to an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your foot is better! Ha, party animal, moi? I guess I shouldn't tell you I'm out tonight to the theatre and have another party on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need to invest in a comfy wool or sweater dress that's basic enough to dress up with accessories.

    I don't do parties - I'm a pretty big party pooper. So I usually avoid too many events. My friends and family usually keep things casual. We'll have dinner, swap gifts, or wander around town, but nothing that involves dressy looks.

    Sorry about the ouchy foot! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I am going to look out for a sweater dress in the sales...

      Delete
  4. I love that shrug.

    We've made it to a few seasonal parties so far. I like breaking out my fancy $5 dresses from the GoodWill :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do dresses so well, Lynne, that your $5 ones blow the others out of the water! It's how you wear it ;-)

      Delete
  5. Got a few parties lined up but they are famiies-with-kids affairs so no one really goes for the dressing up. Except me, of course! Not so much sparkle and glitx but I usually muster a frock and heels! Megan's suggestion of a sweater dress seems right up your street.
    You look cosy, ouch about the foot, treading on small pieces of Lego in bare feet is a constant hazzard in this house! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am def going to look out for a sweater dress...

      Delete
  6. great post honey, i really love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!