Sunday, 2 December 2012

normal service resumes

think the tree loves me too
I'm back! I was away all week on a work trip, which was very tiring - really long hours - but so interesting. I learned a lot. One thing I didn't do so much was get outside so yesterday on the way into town yesterday I gave the trees in the park a damn good hug. It's really cold now & we are forecast snow later, yippee.

The capsule I did worked quite well -



At the last moment I swapped out the long boots for another pair of ankle boots, as the long ones didn't fit in my case, and on the days I was swapping hotels this would be a pain. One day's outfit was completely accidental due to my having to swap hotels, the stuff I packed in a rush didn't exactly 'go' together but I had some unexpected compliments. Fashion lesson learned there. I'll recreate that outfit in the next week.

Another thing I didn't do last week was go online at all apart for work. So as well as a news blackout, I missed all my bloggers. Really looking forward to a proper catch-up over the next few days.

On Saturday Mr Squirrel & I went to a Christmas craft & art fair in our city. We went last year and were so pleased to see lots of recently-graduated students selling their work - there was so much energy. This year was exactly the same! As well as some gifts and cards, we bought ourselves a lovely print of (I think) the artists' dog, see link to her webpage here, it is no 8 - Daisy. The dog's nose seems to poke out of the frame :-) Walking into our back room and seeing it make me smile every time.

I have to say it has been, for reasons I can't post, a challenging few weeks. So coming a little late to some of my overseas bloggers posts on Thanksgiving & being thankful - just to say - I really appreciate the support I have in my life, both offline but also online.

Looking forward to catching up!

12 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's been a challenging few weeks, but I'm quite happy to see back online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gracey, it is nice to be back. Lots on in blogland since I was away last week!

      Delete
  2. Awww what a cute piece of art! I'm glad your capsule ultimately worked out. Hope you get caught up! I've been playing catch up almost everyday. Finals week coming up so I keep getting behind on reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, fingers crossed for your exams :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy to see you back, SS! It's kind of nice to be cut off from being online, but it just goes on, doesn't it?

    I hope things become less challenging for you coming into this crazy holiday season. Love that doggy picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, I think things will calm down as Christmas approaches. She says..

      Delete
  4. Oh Daisy, you adorable creature! I would be tempted by all the others too ;)

    Hugging trees looks lots of fun - I might start too.

    Sending you hugs and warmth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xxx

      I wish Daisy was my dog :-)

      Delete
  5. Good to have you back after your trip, with those challenges faced down, I hope.
    Hugging trees and buying art is very good for the soul! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curtise, thank you. Some facing down and bum kicking has gone on....

      Delete
  6. Big virtual hug. You're on my Bucket List of bloggers I hope to meet someday. So glad your capsule wardrobe worked out.

    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (blushing). Oh Lynne thank you. I would love to meet you too. There's going to have to be some sort of blogging conference we should hold (conference of awesome?). MM will have to make the badges!

      Delete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.