Monday, 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

Have had good luck in the sales ...

spot the slippers
 .. I got a tripod! So I don't have to get Mr Secret Squirrel out of bed very early, or utilise my dusty old mirror in the evenings. Much fun was had today setting it up, fiddling with the height of the legs, taking photos on timer etc. First results below.

I also bought in the sales... a wool dress



I had been thinking of getting a wool dress after Megan Mae suggested it as a winter party outfit. After complaining that I could only find straight cut dresses (which feel a bit hubba-hubba, not really me), in thin knits which weren't overly warm, I found this lovely flared and thickly-cable-knitted dress in the sale at Hobbs* - 30% off - and promptly shut up complaining :-)

*Linking because I love.

Linking to Patti's Visible Monday as I am happy to be visible in my warm dress. Thanks for holding VM, Patti, I always enjoy looking up the bloggers you kindly host on your page.



Worn with berry tights and berry shoes, a patent bow belt I have had for a year or two, bought in a previous sale, and a scarf which was a gift.

Dress - Hobbs (sale)
scarf - gift
belt - Hobbs (sale)
berry tights - M&S
berry boots - Camper

So, Happy New Year everyone, I wish you the best for 2013.

Any resolutions? One that comes to mind is to stop bringing work home with me (in my head, rather than physically, which I avoid doing anyway) and complaining about the inevitable storms-in-teacups to long-suffering people. You know who you are.

22 comments:

  1. Cute dress! I'm definitely not a "hubba hubba" dress wearer either. Never have been. Love your colored tights with this too!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress with the swingy style. Wish we had Hobbs in USA :)

    You will enjoy your tripod.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Lynne! I hope your trip was restful.

      Delete
  3. That's a great dress! You promised me a dress, and you have delivered, very fast! The tripod will make life easier, especially for your husband!
    Don't really do resolutions, but my wardrobe, and house, are dying for a clear out and declutter, so that could be it.
    I quite like a bit of hubba-hubba - perhaps you could try it, you might like it after all! In the spirit of blogging adventure, and all that!
    Happy new year, Mrs. S, have a good one! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did promise you, thank you for remembering! I promise I will wear more dresses-maybe not so much hubba hubba ones - in 2013 xxx :-)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love that dress! I have the same issues with sweater dresses - why aren't they thicker? Why must they be so va-va-voom?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Sheila! Glad you've had that too, felt like I was being very picky...

      Delete
  5. That dress isn't hubba hubba - it's Ooolala! Seriously this is exactly what I envisioned. I can't wear the clingy style sweaterdresses either. I wish we had a Hobbs in the US because I'd be rushing out to snag a dress myself. Seriously so gorgeous.

    My only resolution for 2013 is to stop shopping so much and enjoy what I already own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (blush). Thank you MM, I am very happy to be Oolala! I m going to try to shop my wardrobe more, too.

      Delete
  6. You look lovely and this dress is great!! You wear it well. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I wore it to a concert and then onto a quite relaxed bar and it worked well at both places...

      Delete
  7. Very nice dress. And those boots are really cute! I'm a new convert to flared dresses - who knew?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I got a funny look at the concert (at the boots) from a skyscraper-heeled lady. Her shoes were pretty looking but I didn't fancy them for walking far... Perhaps she was thinking, they look COMFY! Hee hee.

      Delete
  8. What a perfect sweater dress - love the flare. Congrats on the tripod, it's a grand blogger-gift! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my tripod! I have not yet named it though, not sure if it is male or female...

      Delete
  9. Very pretty dress and you have such a lovely smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan. I used not to open my mouth when I smiled, as I didn't like my teeth. Realising now how silly that was. There are lots of po-faced teenage photos in the archive..

      Delete
  10. Beautiful dress. And good luck with the tripod. I couldn't take pictures without one. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally, I'm ok with the tripod so far but the photo transfer to the computer is a bit muddled at the moment...

      Delete
  11. Pretty dress! Looks good for day or night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy - your New Year's dress was stunning :-)

      Delete

I appreciate every comment, thank you so much for dropping by!